Here it is finally – 2006. New Year’s Eve was spent quietly, but fun, playing Uno with Dennis, Linda, Denny, Kim, Kasey, Kelly, even Lily, and occasionally a sleepy Jody. There was plenty of junk food around, and the night ended early as we’re all old farts. I finally threw in the towel just before the ball dropped and hit the sack.
As with all new years, it’s time for a little reflection on the past and future. The past year was fun and fast. Some highlights were:
- Our family Disney world trip
- Lily turning five
- Our summer New York trip
- Lily entering Kindergarten
- Lily reading amazing well!
- Leaving Doble and joining SRD
I’m sure there were others, but seeing I’m beginning the New Year by staying home sick, I’ll forgive myself… As far as the future, I’ve never been a true fan of the New Year’s resolutions. I prefer to think of them as guidelines rather than a strict list of items to check off. Here are some definite highlights to look forward to:
- Our Disney word trip (again!)
- Lily turning six
- Kelly and I celebrating our 10th anniversary
As far as “resolutions”, here are some things to think about:
- Being a better father and husband. We (fathers) should always strive for this.
- Eating healthy and exercising. Another one that goes without saying.
- Less computer time outside of work. “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.”
- Take up hobbies other than more computer and video game-related stuff. I was thinking about family snow boarding and/or guitar lessons with Lily.
- More visits with family and friends.
- More blog posts to keep track of what we’ve done.
Maybe I’ll keep adding to the list, but not enough to dilute the overall message of bettering my family. Happy New Year to all!